Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog 8

Good news for now.  After a good deal of thought we have decided to proceed with our project.  The decision has been that we owe it to ourselves and the community to finish what we started.  The numerous benefits outweigh what we hope to be an unlikely failure.  We have trust in our peers to come through and volunteer so we can make this happen.  Although it has been recommended by one that we stop our effort it has been supported by a number of people to continue.  The next step is to get back on schedule.  We need to find the best way to make a video to show the school during announcements to recruit volunteers.  A possibility is that we can do this with the help from kids taking the TV production class.  Hopefully through our organization and your help we will be able to make our community a better place by carrying out this project.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Blog 7

       This decision of carrying on with the project or not has so many unforeseen factors that we have not yet come to a conclusion.   At the moment all actions in relation to the project are stagnant. It is a hard decision to make and it's been weighing on my mind.  I lay in bed every night before I go to sleep pondering if carrying on is the best thing for the community.  It seems like the best way to understand the thoughts of the students and teachers and others is to ask them.... possibly perform some sort of survey to become more informed.  Another way to try and find out what people are open to this still is to shoot our video and show it to the school as planned and see what sort of response we get.  If we get a good amount of volunteers we may be able to proceed but if too many feel that it is in the best interests of the school's safety to halt it all together we may have to do just that. The goal is not to quit.  We have put a good deal of work into this and it would be beneficial to the community.  We can only hope people will be willing to volunteer.